Me, Rachel, and Penuche went to Diamond Fork Canyon to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. We had a fun trip, but I never realized how much I depended on my family to bring stuff. It was a very good experience for us to learn how to plan for a camping trip. We forgot a lot of stuff, luckily we were only a half an hour away from our house and I had to make an extra trip. Also, we may need a bigger vehicle next time we go camping.
I must have been a Tetris master since I was able to fit everything into a Toyota Corolla. I forgot the camera on the first night so we did not take very many pictures. The funniest part about camping was the bug spray. We went to Target to get some supplies the night before we left. Rachel grabbed some bug spray out of the bug spray section and we went camping. The first night it was starting to get dark and Rachel went and got the spray. I went first held my arms out and she spread it all over me. Once she was done she started asking why it smelled like wood stain. I just shrugged my shoulders and continue to cover her in the bug spray. Again, Rachel commented on why it smelled so bad. I looked at the label and I turned and looked at her and said because it is not bug spray. It was water repellent.Now it's MY turn to explain why it was water repellent instead of insect repellent....
When we went to Target, Josh was looking for an air mattress and so I wandered off down the aisle a little further to see if there was anything else in the camping section that we'd forgotten about that we might need. That's when I noticed a pretty large selection of bug sprays. I looked at the prices and naturally picked the largest bottle since it was about the same price...maybe a little more, but the bottle was significantly LARGER. I didn't think to look at the label since it was the BUG SPRAY section, and I know that I saw 3 or 4 different types of bug spray there. At least Josh and I stayed nice and dry the whole time we were up there :) Target should really consider moving the water repellent away from the bug repellent...hint hint Niki....


4 comments:
First, I have to say thanks to Rachel for loving my dorky brother. Second, I'll tell my boss at Target but it won't do any good...sorry. Third, I know what you mean about supplies. That's why we don't camp by ourselves. Looks like you guys had a fun time! Congrats on two years!
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, I really think it was nice you took that guy from the "Home for Wayward Boys".... He really looks like he was having fun....Oh! Steve says that's Josh but please tell me that it isn't true....Is that drool in that one pic? Just teasing I really feel for you Rachel. I guess it never gets boring with him around...Oh Ya congrats on the 2 year mark, time goes soooo fast. Love you two,Mom
Target sucks.
I am glad to see all is well with you Josh.
Okay so Niki told me to check this out. You guys are so funny. I don't camp and that would be why. I would be forgetting everything important. I am so glad that you guys stayed dry. Hopefully you don't have to many bug bites. You guys look like you had fun though and that is the important thing.
Post a Comment