Monday, October 17, 2016

The Dirty Dash

With the weather warming up for the Summer, June was packed with lots of adventures! We went to our first parade, spent time at parks, went to Seven Peaks, had a girls weekend in St. George, went to an outdoor concert, and to the zoo! Oh and I got to do the Dirty Dash for the first time!

Since we did so much during the month of June, I'm going to split the month up into a few different posts.


The Dirty Dash!

This was Josh's 3rd time and my first time doing the Dirty Dash. The first time Josh did it, I was pregnant. The second time was right after I had Cordy. So this was the first time I could actually participate in it. Here's a before picture of me, my sister Audrey, Niki, and Jacob's friend.


We all had a lot of fun! I only fell on my face (literally) a couple of times, Josh broke his hip (not really, but he hurt it pretty bad), and Audrey got stabbed in the leg by a log. Other than that, I think we all made it through pretty much in one piece.

Tires and  pipes - one of the first obstacles. Mostly just our feet are dirty at this point.
Jeremy, Niki, and Jake excited to start!


Josh giving me a high five after I got over this obstacle. 

Truston and his cousin, Alex

Niki and Truston

The course was over 3 miles and filled with cold water and mud! At one point we were pretty close to Deer Creek and stomping around in a marshy area. I lost my shoe there because the mud was like glue. Luckily I found it, but I had a hard time keeping it on. We also saw a dead fish floating in the marsh area, so that was fun...

The obstacle right before the end was the "Slop 'n Slide." That was pretty much just a long slide down a hill that they sprayed with water. At the bottom was a very slippery mud pit. That's where Josh hurt his hip - he landed on it really hard. A couple of days later he had a pretty bad bruise on it, and then it continued to bother him for a couple more months :(

Here we are at the end of the course. 

Jeremy, Josh, and Niki were all going to jump in at the same time.

Then they tried to push Josh in...

But he pushed Niki in instead!

Josh helping me and Audrey out of the pit. It was really deep, and really difficult for us short people to climb out!

Audrey, me, and Josh at the finish!

Most of our group with our medals:
Audrey, me, Josh, Niki, Jeremy, Jake's friend, Jake, Truston, and Alex. 
We're only missing Wendy and Tony and Tony's sister and brother-in-law

After I got out of the shower, I saw this...
Apparently mud isn't the greatest sun block!

I'm glad I finally got to do this with Josh and some of our friends and family. It was a lot of fun! Josh says this is the only kind of race he enjoys since you don't really run, and you just have fun getting dirty and going through obstacles.

No comments: