Friday, February 26, 2016

Cordy starts to crawl, tries lots of different foods, and other random things

Josh and I had a couple of gift cards to Red Lobster, so we decided to have a romantic date for three. Cordy has been really interested in trying pretty much anything we'll give her lately. And the day before we went to Red Lobster, I discovered that she really liked canned salmon because I had some for lunch (tuna salad sandwich style, but without the bread). So we figured she could try some other seafood too.
Josh and I both ordered root beer to drink, and Cordy was really interested in what it was. At first she wasn't quite sure what to think of the carbonation, but I love her little reaction picture (on the right). She clearly decided that it was yummy!


Next she tried some of the delicious biscuits. Lucky little duck! I got to feed her the biscuit, but couldn't enjoy any of it for myself. I was surprised at how much she ate. She actually ate more of the biscuit after I took the picture of it.


She also had bites of my Ceasar salad, and my entree (wood-fired lobster, shrimp, and salmon). She loved the salmon. She ate it as fast as I could put it in her mouth. She also seemed to enjoy the lobster and shrimp, and had bites of Josh's mussels and scallops. I had broccoli and potatoes with mine, and she ate lots of those too. I was really surprised at how much she ate.
Yummy seafood. Happy bellies.

Here are some more shots of her trying and loving new foods. Clearly she isn't a picky eater at all!
Pumpkin curry, almond poppy seed muffin, and homemade yogurt with berries, which she got all over her face! 

I guess you work up quite the appetite when you're learning how to crawl! Last weekend, she suddenly started popping up on her knees, so I knew that crawling was right around the corner. It took her about 3 days to really get the hang of it, and then she crawled over to Penuche and got some kisses. He really likes to watch her crawl around.


And here are some other random things that happened in the past week or so:

Josh calls this the many faces of Cordy (all taken within seconds of each other):


Josh helped Cordy stack some rings on Maynard, while he just patiently laid there. Poor kitty.

 

Here are some super happy smiles:

And to end, some videos.

Here's Cordy showing off her crawling skills on Tuesday (she's gotten even better at it since then). Right now she's the only crawler in play group. 


I can't remember what she's watching here, but she was super happy about it. I had to take a video of her bounces because I've never seen her bounce so much in her bouncer.


And this is probably the greatest video of all time! I've never heard her laugh like this, but clearly she found Grandma Sittig chasing her down the hall the funniest thing ever!


4 comments:

Nicole S. said...

She's an eating machine!!! 😃

Squawktomom said...

Ha ha I know! Every time I have food now, she wants it!

grandma leslie's clan said...

I'm so glad your doing this...these are such precious stories of Cordy��

grandma leslie's clan said...

I'm so happy your doing this about Cordy...so precious 💖💖