This little squawky is officially 7 months old!
Look at that happy little face! We must be doing something right!
This past week has had its ups and downs. We've done some fun things, but this little one has been having some sleeping problems lately. This past Wednesday night was the worst night of sleep we've ever had since she was born! I'm not sure if it was due to teething or what, but she woke up in the middle of the night, and would not go back to sleep! She was up for over 3 hours. Josh gave her a blessing, and it still took her over an hour to relax enough to get back to sleep. Luckily Josh had taken Thursday off because we were volunteering at the Provo City Center Temple Open House. Last night she slept better than she has in a long time. I woke up to this happy little face. That certainly makes up for some of the difficulties and lack of sleep we've all had!
On Fridays, Provo Library has a story circle called Book Babies for children under a year old. They sing songs, tell stories, and have puppets. We planned to go last week, but didn't make it because it dumped about 6 inches of snow on Thursday night, and I didn't want to risk our lives to get there. We made it there later in the day after the snow melted, and applied for our Library Card though. We wandered around a little bit last week, and Cordy had fun picking up and trying to eat whatever she could get her hands on - a pen, a flyer advertising something, and a book someone left on a side table. Oh yeah, and the Library Card. Guess we need to really keep an eye on this little one!
After the Library last Friday, we headed over to Macey's to do some grocery shopping. Cordy is finally big enough to sit in the front of the cart! But she hangs on to that bar for dear life. She really enjoys being able to look around at everything and everyone. She struck up a conversation with a little old lady in the produce section, and made cute little creature noises at the cashier.
Last Saturday was Grandma Leslie's 65th Birthday Party. We had a a really fun time celebrating with cousins, aunts, and uncles. We did a photo booth, ate Hawaiian Haystacks, and had a chocolate fountain. Josh was holding Cordy and waiting to dip some stuff in the fountain, and Cordy reached over, grabbed a marshmallow, and started eating it. Josh said she didn't even hesitate, she knew exactly what to do with that marshmallow. Of course, 10 seconds later, she was a sticky mess, but she enjoyed it. During our photo booth picture, she pulled a face, and stuck out her tongue. I guess she takes after her daddy. Between the two of them, we'll probably never have normal family pictures!
On Tuesdays we have a play group with a few other babies/moms from our ward. There is another 7 month old baby, a 5 month old, and 3 month old. This past Tuesday, after she decided she was comfortable, I helped Cordy stand up since that's all she really wants to do these days. Her friend Max (the other 7 month old) also loves standing. They both were very interested in seeing each other, so his mom and I helped them walk toward each other, and they grabbed each other's hands, and both were very excited about it. Cordy made her excited face (see sensory bottle pictures below to see what that looks like), and Max was talking up a storm. Sadly, I didn't get a picture because I was holding Cordy up so she could stand. But here's her cute self in the outfit she wore to play group. It will be a lot of fun when they start interacting with each other more.
This week we did made it to Book Babies, but we were about 20 minutes late because Cordy's first nap was at a different time than I'd anticipated. There were lots of kids there, and Cordy loved it! Usually in new settings she takes a while to warm up, but today just a couple minutes after we got there, she was very happy, looking around at everyone, smiling, making new friends, and bouncing up and down. I wanted to get a picture of the smile she had on her face the whole time, but she saw my camera, and stopped smiling...

After the Library we headed over to the craft store to get some things to make sensory bottles. I had bought some plastic Voss brand water bottles a few weeks ago. So I wanted to find some things to put in them that would be interesting for her. We found some pink glitter, pink and white accent stones, foam princess themed stickers, flower shaped buttons, and some rubber ducky buttons. I put all of that in a bottle and filled it with water. Cordy was very excited about this when she woke up from her next nap.
She loved watching the glitter settle.
The picture on the right is her excited face!
There was a day last week when Cordy and I sat in her nursery playing and listening to Oldies music. I looked up and saw this cute little ducky playing happily with her toys. In that moment, I was so overcome with gratitude. I am so blessed to have this little sweetheart here finally, and I just feel so blessed to be her mommy. After trying to have kids for 9 years, I really couldn't have asked for anything more. She's absolutely perfect! She has brought so much joy to our home these past 7 months. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!
And to end this post, here's a video of a rare Squawkto-giggle. These are fairly hard to come by, so count yourself lucky to witness this. I'm surprised I actually got this captured on film. She usually stops as soon as I get my camera out!
















No comments:
Post a Comment