I didn't take many pictures for most of May because I accidentally broke my phone on the way home from Visiting Teaching one day. It landed face-down on the sidewalk and completely shattered the screen. So for most of the month, I was using an old cell phone with a not-so-great camera. Most of the pictures I tried to take turned out fairly blurry. But here's what we were up to for the rest of May.

As Cordy's hair gets longer and curlier, her bed head also gets crazier and crazier!

As Cordy's hair gets longer and curlier, her bed head also gets crazier and crazier!
"My name is blueberry face, and I don't care what you think."



Up until now, it seemed like Cordy was perma-teething. But toward the end of the month, she started putting everything in her mouth (food, hands, toys, etc.). And then she sprouted her first 2 teeth less than a week apart.

I took a class to learn how to make homemade kombucha. Kombucha is a fermented probiotic drink that has a lot of health benefits. It's great for digestion because it helps to build beneficial bacteria in the gut. This is something I've been working on to help with some of my health issues, so I drink it a few times a week. Josh and I had been buying it at the store, but it was getting pretty expensive. It's really easy to make and a lot cheaper, and I think yummier.
A few years ago Josh and I read a book called The Hidden Messages in Water. It talks about the power of words and how they affect us, either negatively or positively. I've seen people experimenting with this and posting on Facebook - they'll put rice in 2 different containers and write a positive word on one, and a negative word on the other (love and hate or something like that). Over time, the one in the negative container begins to grow mold, but the one in the positive container stays the same as the day it was put in the container.
So I decided to write "Love" on my kombucha jar. It's pretty easy to grow mold on the culture, so I figured that I'd give it some extra positive energy. I've been making kombucha since April, and so far no mold. In fact it seems to be doing really well. My SCOBY is growing like crazy! It looks like I'm going to have to make more at a time though because Cordy really loves it!

Caged little creature... :(
We went over to Niki's house one day. Her neighbors had horses, so we went over to see them. Cordy was a little unsure what to think, so she just watched for a little while.
Once Aunt Niki got her, Cordy finally decided to touch the horse. She had her hand on the horse's nose right before I took this picture, but then the horse moved and startled her. Although she wasn't quite sure what to think, she was very interested and seemed to like them.

On our way home from Niki's house, we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Cordy was excited about the crayons. And she ate some pancakes and hash browns. But mostly she was excited about the crayons.

On our way home from Niki's house, we stopped for breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Cordy was excited about the crayons. And she ate some pancakes and hash browns. But mostly she was excited about the crayons.
We went over to Grandma and Grampa Sittig's house for Memorial Day. We had bratwurst and other traditional German food (Cordy is 1/4 German). She really liked her first taste of bratwurst and sauerkraut.











No comments:
Post a Comment