Sunday, January 24, 2016

Resurrecting the blog

Back from the dead, baby!


Well, it's been almost 7 years since our last post, and I feel like it's time to get this blog back up and running. So I'm bringing it back from the dead! 


Much has happened in the years since our last post. So here are some highlights of what has happened since 2009.

2010:
  • Josh and I found the most hilarious "Lmap" (AKA Lamp) at Macey's while grocery shopping. We still laugh about this thing to this day! I'm still not even sure what it was trying to tell us!

Do not let the lamp bright!
Make sure you use neuter soap!
  • Josh started working at Veracity Networks in the Accounting Department.
  • I drove my car into a ditch on a snow packed road. Both the car and I were miraculously fine. Milton (our car) got a flat tire, but I didn't even get a scratch. 

2011: 
  • I started working with Josh at Veracity Networks.
  • We got our front yard landscaped! Look how pretty!

  • Josh found and killed a huge spider in our cinder block wall. He put his flash drive next to it as a reference. Ewww!







  • We went camping at Goblin Valley with Josh's family. The zipper to our tent broke in the middle of the night, and we basically slept outside for the rest of the night. We left the next day.
             
  • Josh and I were an AT-AT from Star Wars for Halloween.

2012:
  • We met an owl, a falcon, and a bald eagle. 
  • We went camping at Strawberry Reservoir again, and Josh went fishing like a dork. He probably scared off all the fish.
  • We visited California again, and went to Disneyland, Sea World, Universal Studios, and The San Diego Zoo Safari Park. 
  • Josh and I were a Double Rainbow for Halloween. 




2013:
  • Josh was batman. 
                             









  • Penuche drove the car (ha ha, not really, but looks like it, huh?

    • I made a delicious apple pie.
    • Josh and I were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple just after our 7th anniversary.











    • We did the Temple to Temple 5k (Provo Temple to Provo City Center Temple) with Josh's family.
    • I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (autoimmune thyroid disease), insulin resistance, and gluten intolerance. My doctor also suspected PCOS. I went gluten-free. It was a sad day.
    • Josh and I got lazy with our Halloween costumes.
     
    2014
    • Josh got his bachelor's degree in Accounting! 
    • I was called to be a teacher in Relief Society. This calling was really terrifying to me, but I really did learn a lot!
    • Josh ran the Dirty Dash with some of his family and our friends, the Jaskowicks. I didn't get to participate, because a couple of days before, I found out that I was pregnant (finally)!!!
    • We visited St. George with Josh's family for the 4th of July and to go through the temple with our nephew when he took his endowment out in preparation for his mission.
    • We lost our first baby (Joshua Malachi) at 17 weeks gestation after my water broke for unknown reasons. The doctors had no idea why it happened. He weighed 4.6 ounces and was almost 8 inches long. He was beautiful and had a perfect little body. He is missed so much!


    • For Halloween I was a candy corn, and Josh was Beetlejuice.









    • I got pregnant with baby #2, and was monitored by Maternal Fetal Medicine for pretty much the entire pregnancy. I was considered high risk.
    2015
    • We had a gender reveal party with family, and found out our baby (nicknamed "Gummy bear") was a girl. Here's a picture of the cake that my mom and sister made to reveal the baby's gender for us.







    • Josh dipped his chocolate bunny from Easter in Nutella. Genius!
     
    • We remodeled our house, painted, and put carpet down, and the cat boys helped pick the perfect carpet color.
    • I left my job at Veracity to be a stay-at-home mom! 
    • Cordelia LaRose was born at 6:04 am on July 6th. She weighed 6 lbs 7 oz, and was 20 inches long. 
    • We went as farm animals for Halloween. We had the cutest little ducky, but she had no idea what was going on!
    • Cordy tried chocolate for the first time at Christmas when Josh made a chocolate mousse cake.








    • Our chiropractor gave Cordy a snowsuit that his daughter outgrew. Cordy loved it!
    We're excited to see what 2016 holds!

    No comments: